Friday, July 25, 2008

Now that's taking the term "Lord Stanley" a little too literally

So on Holmstrom's day with the Cup, he let his cousin baptize his daughter in the Stanley Cup. Instead of a Christening, would it be called a Stanleyening?

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray Lord Stanley my goals so sweet; And, if I die before I wake, I pray Lord Stanley the goalie to deke."

Except from tsn.ca:

PITEA, Sweden - Tomas Holmstrom had his day with the Stanley Cup on Friday, and he let his cousin use it as a baptismal font for a christening. Holmstrom suggested the idea to his cousin, Robert Sundstrom, who baptized his seven-week-old daughter Alva Felicia during a private ceremony outside Holmstrom's hometown of Pitea in northern Sweden. "Tomas came up with the idea when we were sitting in his summer cabin kitchen a week ago," Sundstrom said. "Me and my wife thought it would be fun to christen our daughter in such a priceless object."

No comments: