Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Best NHL Captain

Great poll. I saw that many people chose Lidstrom as the best captain. Personally, I think its Iginla but I am certainly not going to argue against Lidstrom. But let me ask this.....if Lidstrom and Iginla were on the same team, who you put as the captain.

I would choose Iginla for a number of reasons. Both Iginla and Lidstrom have lots of the same great qualities. They both consistently play hard and are considered league leaders at their respective positions. Both seem like decent guys in that no one ever says a bad thing about them. The reason I choose Iginla is simply his toughness. He is a superstar that is constantly standing up for his teammates....fighting for them if need be. That for me is the tiebreaker.

Lecavlier would be another one I would choose over Lidstrom for the same reasons. I think he is still in "A" in tampa bay....anyone know why?

1 comment:

Swivelhead said...

Isn't Lecavalier supposed to be a huge partier? That might be why he doesn't wear a C.

I probably would have Lidstrom as the captain and Iginla as the only assistant. Iginla stands up for his teammates, which is big. But he's also a bit of a hothead that loses control sometimes at the wrong time. Lidstrom is the calmest player in the NHL, which I think is huge. It's really a can't miss with those 2, but I'd go with Lidstrom.